Thursday, April 13, 2006

quick update

turns out that the dishwasher issue was not mine, but the dishwasher's!! All is fixed now now and I have clean things once again. I thought I had a problem with the oven, but I managed to press enough buttons and got it working.

The work permit issue is going to be resolved without me leaving and re-entering Canada. Amazingly they are able to do what I was hoping all along: issue a permit and send it to me. WOW. Amazing. Well done guys...its only taken the best part of a week for the lawyers/ immigration people to see sense. This is both good news and bad as I was kind of looking forward to heading off to somewhere interesting this weekend. Hey ho. This Saturday I have an invite to Banff from some of the guys from work which is nice and I am in work on Sunday which is less than nice (although perversely I'm not that annoyed - will be nice to feel like a fully functioning part of the team and I don't think its going to be more than 2-3 hours). I am supposed to be going out for some beers tonight, but I'm in my pjs already and have faded somewhat.....

No idea what I'm going to do tomorrow, but I want to do some more exploring - there's loads of this city that I haven't seen yet. Keep the e-mails and comments coming, nice to know there's someone out there!! ;-)

Happy Easter to all xxx

4 comments:

Pete Johns said...

Happy Easter to you, too (whichever city you end up in)!

Anonymous said...

hi babes

it all sounds good! on a random what's the coffee like?

Mooney said...

coffee? Its ok - I've only tried two places so far, starbucks and some other one. Apparently "the" coffee is Tim Hortons, but I haven't managed to get there yet... all in good time!! My coffee machine at home is another matter entirely though...that's still got the better of me!

Pete Johns said...

Hmm...

We've been in this flat (or 'unit' as the Australians prefer) for over a month now and I've just ventured to use the magic cupboard. I put in the dirty dishes and switched it on while I was preparing dinner. As I went to put something in the microwave, I noticed that my sock was more moist than it had been a few seconds previously. Turns out our dishwasher was dipensing water and foam onto the kitchen floor. Not so good.