Saturday, April 08, 2006

The adventure begins...

Right. Well this is day one in Calgary.....rather than actually sort my stuff out, I thought I'd set up a blog. Priorities, priorities....

This is just a short post, mostly to see what it's all about before I start unloading on you all!! I hope to keep this as up to date as I can to let you all feel part of my tour in Calgary!!

UPDATE: I've now finished unpacking....so many things. Now I need to go and find my local supermarket which happens to be a safeway and is apparently 1km walk away - not too bad. Hopefully it'll be somewhat recognisable from the name...although they do weird things over here...milkyways like mars bars and other travesties. It's 4pm here - 11pm back home and I feel like its actually 3am, but hopefully that will all sort itself out soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss ya already...

So checked out any good bars yet???

Mooney said...

no bars yet - am too scared to drink while my body clock adjusts...strange but true. Although I do live RIGHT next door to a big bar called the rose and crown!! I live practically on the corner of 17th Ave and 4th Street which are ze trendee areas. Lots of french going on over here...weird