Monday, July 24, 2006

So what have I been up to?

Not a whole lot - just chilling out after Stampede and planning my next holiday - I'm really looking forward to it! Travelling around Calgary, to Banff (to go visit the glacier) and then off to San Fran for some redwood, Alcatraz and wine tasting and then off to Toronto where we're going to see Niagara falls which I'm childishly excited about :-). I'm going to stay on with Proll for a bit after my sister and Claire leave which should be much fun as I'll be there for the bank hol too.

I saw Pirates 2 this weekend. It was good...although I can' t help feeling slightly disappointed as in my opinion it had about 30mins too much fluff. I'm looking forward to 3 though....Louise Depp.....it has a ring, non?! I also played 5 pin bowling. NEVER heard of the game before, but it was much fun...after I figured out how to play it. Its different to 10 pin (apart from the obvious name) in that you have less pins and only one size of ball (about half the size of the ten pin). No holes, you kind of have to get a grip of it (which is hard for those of us 'blessed' with dainty hands) and fire down towards the pins. Plus, there are less pins and they're more spaced out so you often just hit one. I managed to win the first game which I was most impressed with, but didn't do so well on the other two! I am hooked though - its much harder than the traditional bowling!

I'm also back to doing some finkin bout stuff.......not quite figured out what I want to do, but I've got a few irons in the fire!!

No comments: