Wednesday, May 10, 2006

road trip!

Today i was out of the office all day as i had to go to edmonton for a meeting. This is a town that looks like its about 45 mins north of calgary on a map, but is actually a good 3 hour drive... i really need to get a handle on this canada distance thing!!!!

It was nice to be out of the office actually and i had fun :-) We stopped off at a museum on the way back which was all about the first oil well in alberta and we met the son of the guy who's well it was. Interesting to walk all around an oil rig and put a few things in place in my mind. We grabbed a burger from a really cheesy place - a real 50s diner joint and i had my first experience of frosted root beer. odd odd odd. i can't quite decide whether i really like it or if its hideous......

AND i had another topless experience (...the CAR was topless obviously, mum!!) i think i might have to buy me a nice car when i get back to London...or Ireland...or France....or wherever I end up next!! i've seen a few DB7s that don't seem extortionate.....again, if anyone wants to buy me a car (and you should...) then i'm open to all forms of charity...

Life is good, albeit busy - I hope you're all doing well, drop me a line and let me know what's new. Fran - I need WEDDING details! Shauna - I'm still working on a Charleston visit, maybe early June? Andy/i when are you off to the homeland?? Anne - details needed on when you're coming out, I want to start planning San Fran. And Mel - I'm up for going loco in acapulco before Christmas...lets sort it out :-)

No comments: