Tuesday, May 16, 2006

a propos de nothing

well i really have nothing to report, but fancied writing a blog anyway...I don't let anything like a reason for writing get in my way!! I'm quite tired, was in work at 6.30 this morning (oops - 10 mins late...) and the next time I looked at the time it was 7.30pm!! Had a bit of a crazy day, lots on and random unplanned meetings to attend...I'm quite tired, was in work this weekend (two 12 hour days - living the dream baybee) and am at that stage where I can't quite shut down and sleep at night; am permanently focussed on work. Weirdly, however, I'm still enjoying it (although I'm looking forward to some time off!!! Fingers crossed for the long weekend...). Its nice to be around smart people who expect 'great things' from me as it kind of makes me step it up a notch which is something I've not felt for a while...so that's good. If a bit geeky, but then those of you who know me well know that I'm a geek at heart :-)

I really like it here. Its not home, but I suppose you get used to things quickly. Everything is getting more and more familiar...the main thing I miss is having a network of friends/ family around. I don't often feel lonely, but there has been the odd time here and there where I've wished that one of you was here to play with me. But you have to get on with it and make it work otherwise you'd go mad I guess....

I don't want this to sound down or depressed or anything because its really not how I'm feeling.

On another note, I really want to be a singer. Am watching american idol and although its essentially a rubbish programme, one of the girls has an excellent voice and I'm all jealous....in my next life maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fankoo

me too xx

Mooney said...

you don't like her?? i think she's great!!

not mocking american idol per se, but i appreciate the fact that its not the greatest TV in the world! Kind of like a cheeseburger instead of steak. But cheeseburgers are good too! I can't wait to see what Canadian Idol will be like!!

Miss you too! Can't wait to come down and see the four of you in July :-)