Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Last night

turned out to be a good night in the end. We arrived at around 6.45pm for the champagne reception and I was one of the 'chosen' ones who actually got to speak to himself the Prince. Must have talked to him for oooh 5 minutes. Did my half curtsey as instructed on the invite materials (how to address HRH if you have the opportunity to meet him) and talked to him about how I was enjoying Calgary/ my job/ the weather...

The dinner itself was really good - lovely food (foie gras, lamb then some kind of frozen creme brulee thing) and good wine/ champagne flowing throughout. We had a few speeches which were dangerously close to TOO LONG, espeically since the first few ocurred while our starter was sitting in front of us! We decided not to stay for coffee & liqueurs since by then it was 10.30pm and we were all starting to fade. On the way out we got a nice pen in something that looks like a tiny clutch bag from a London goldsmith, so all in all an interesting night. Something I'm sure I'd never would have had the oppportunity to attend in London: yet another reason to back up my decision to come out here!

Unfortunately, we were not allowed to bring out own cameras (official media only dahlink) but I was actually photographed whilst speaking to Ed and had to give my name to some PR chap so I don't have any pictures to prove the presence of my legs to you, Kris. However, I'm sure you're an avid OK/ Hello/ Tatler reader, so you'll probably see the pictures of me in a glossy society mag near you soon!!!! ;-)

1 comment:

Pete Johns said...

Lets all offer a prayer that Kris does not feel the need to reveal his legs on the world-weird-web!