Tuesday, August 15, 2006

my best friend's wedding

Its suddenly dawned on me that Fran's getting married.

That's awfully grown up...and that's not meant as a slight to your maturity Fran, I just think it is a BIG THING. Are you officially a grown up now? I think you must be. But I know you're not really...well, you are in some ways. Lots of ways. But not in others. When are we officially grown up? I definitely don't feel it, but I have an ugly birthday ahead of me...although I think I'm going to be in Canada until Christmas so I don't have to face any of you lot on my 30th, I can just slide into it...unnoticed :-)

As an aside, there's just been such a loud thundercrack that its honestly hurt my eardrums and all the car alarms are going mad!!!!

I can't actually believe I'm this old...I don't feel like I've actually acheived anything yet...I'm still in the whole 'stop the world, I want to get off' frame of mind. Maybe that means I haven't found my "thing" yet?? Fran's got her writing and Cath's got her travelling...and....I'm going to figure out my thing. Hopefully before I'm 40. Or 50. Who knows?

Ok...I'm going now because it sounds like fireworks out there and I don't want to be connected to anything electrical!!!! Maybe this is God telling me to stop thinking so much!!!!


ARGH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww.....shucks

Thanks Fran! :-)

Anonymous said...

i think ive had enough of travelling now, ive lost my mojo after 6 months and for the first time am feelin very lonely and think i might cry, i wonder if you can have mood swings that last 6 months, happy happy happy then a week of deep dark depression, lou i neeed someone to make me grow up and design me a life where it is stable safe and happy! so u are not alone in feelin directionless love uxxx (cath)