Sunday, October 29, 2006

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

So....after being totally freaked out that I was late (EVERY YEAR that gets me, every year!!) I have now put all my clocks back the requisite one hour. Hopped into the shower while I put the coffee on to brew, out of shower, in my robe feeling luxuriously clean and moisturised, caffeine in hand, open the blinds to see what the day has in store for me

and BAM

Welcome to October in Calgary.....it's a winter wonderland out there! And still snowing. And I don't own a proper snow proof coat. And I don't own a hat. And I've lost my gloves (been talking about getting new ones for months now).

It's making me feel strangely Christmassy though, I've got all those "walking around the Christmas tree...la la la" type songs in my head. And it's not even Halloween!!!

[As an aside, I really miss Halloween in school, drawing witches flying through the moonlight over a darkened row of houses - you know the idea]

No comments: